Half Backs Rugby for pre-schoolers
This week we’ve got some updated information about Half Backs Rugby for kids, offering Rugby training for girls and boys aged 2 – 5 in Twickenham’s Marble Hill Park.
Following their successful launch back in March, they’re offering a free trial to any child who has still not experienced the fun of rugby at Half Backs. Here to explain more is founder David Smith…
Introducing Half Backs Rugby to Twickenham
By David Smith
Do you have a child aged between 2 and 5 years? Half Backs Rugby offers rugby-based play sessions on Saturday mornings with RFU recognised coaches. As part of our ongoing commitment to providing rugby related fun and games to all children, we’re offering a free trial to any child who is yet to experience the fun of rugby a Half Backs.
We’ll have fun rugby related games as well as team games, and also individual and team based skill sets. There will be an opportunity for children and parents to meet our coaches and ask any questions that you might have.
Sessons run weekly on Saturday mornings in the heritage grounds of Marble Hill Park, opposite the Coach House Cafe.
Half Backs sessions are suitable for girls and boys and are a great way to develop confidence and physical/social development. (Between you and me – girls tend to do better at Half Backs Rugby, as they usually develop sooner than boys… but don’t tell the boys that!)
What age ranges do we teach?
- Ages 2 – 3. Our youngest age group concentrates on motor skills and understanding instruction. This group starts at 10am and finishes at 10.45am.
- Ages 3 – 5. Our middle group focuses on continued motor skills improvement, more complicated instruction and real rugby focused games. This group starts at 11.00am and finishes at 12.00am.
How to join
Children can attend an initial free trial session. After this, those wanting to sign up can join for a block of 10 Sessions at £8.00 per session. This is all done through the Half Backs interactive parent area on the website.
Why choose Half Backs Rugby to teach your children?
- We only recruit specialist rugby coaches to teach your children rugby! Seems obvious to us to!
- We train both boys and girls together from as young as 18 months.
- We’re passionate about engaging parents and children to learn new skills and have fun together.
- We care about every child we train and see each one as an individual.
- We work endlessly to improve our coaching styles to provide you with the best possible standards.
What else is on offer?
Holiday Camps. On top of the weekly lessons for young children, we are also running holiday camps. Our mission is to provide quality rugby camps that take a complete approach to youth player development.
Birthday Parties Half Backs birthday parties take the effort out of organizing party entertainment for Mum and Dad and make the perfect birthday experience for pre-school children. The one-hour party sessions include fun and varied, energetic rugby related activities and games suitable for both boys and girls, helping them work off all that party food! We provide the coaches, trophies, equipment, certificates, insurance and enthusiasm – you simply provide the children!
Find out more
- Visit the Half Backs Website
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 07568 535 215
- Follow Half Backs Rugby on Twitter